This Privacy Statement relates to the business activities of JI Group. It applies to our data use in relation to JI Software, StudentRelate, JI Management Consultants and any other products and services as may be added or used by the company. We can be contacted by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. As part of running our business, we collect and use certain personal information about individuals with whom we have contact.
Under data protection law, we have certain legal responsibilities about how we collect, use and share your personal information. This policy explains our privacy practices and covers the following:
- The type of individuals whose personal information we collect
- What personal information about you we collect and use
- Sources of personal information
- How we use your personal information
- With whom we share your personal information
- How long we retain your personal information for
- Any transfers involving your personal information
- How we legally justify using your personal information
- Your legal rights in relation to your personal information
- Other relevant information, including how to contact us
2. Whose personal data do we collect?
We collect and hold personal data on business contacts of relevant organisations.
- Contacts at existing customers of our products and services. This includes, but is not restricted to: employees of customer organisations, using or supporting our systems, managers or others directly or indirectly linked to our business relationship.
- Contacts at prospective customer organisations: gathered from enquiries, contacts from exhibitions, e-mails, various website contacts. This includes contacts from organisations enquiring about our products or visiting relevant websites operated by organisations with whom we have a trading relationship. We may also contact your organisation when we consider that you may have interest in our products or services.
- Visitors to our offices attendees at meetings or product demonstrations.
- Social Media: We collect data contact details relating to our business activities and from individuals who may be active on social media on subjects related to our products and services, eg LinkedIn, e-network groups/forums, e-mails,Twitter, WordPress, etc.
- Contacts at advisors and third party suppliers.
3. What personal data do we collect?
The data we hold will generally be limited to name, telephone, job title, company name, business address, business e-mail, mobile phone number.
4. Sources of personal information
We record personal information when you contact us as a potential customer or supplier.
- Information provided by you in a business context, from enquiries (telephone, e-mail or web), or any event where you provide a business card, or third party introduction.
- Information supplied by your employer related to possible interest in our products and services (for instance if you are nominated as the contact person for a project or for commercial discussions).
- Information collected as a result of your use of our products, training, consultancy or technical support
- Other sources of personal data include publicly available sources such as: internet searches and company web sites and social media sources such as LinkedIn, FaceBook, Twitter, WordPress.
5. How we use personal information
- Day-to-Day business communications- We need to contact our business partners (customers and suppliers) in order to provide communications and services, and to comply with all operational, technical, health, safety, environmental & governance standards. Our communication methods include written correspondence, email, telephone, online video conferencing and face to face meetings.
- Contractual communications- The supply of systems, services, training, advice and technical support requires communications with clients’ personnel
- We use e-mail campaign communications to appraise our commercial contacts of latest release information, product enhancements and other announcements like training dates.
- Account management and administration – We process personal information in order to manage accounts with our clients and suppliers, paying and raising invoices etc..
- Business Development- We use e-mail campaigns to promote our messages to relevant parties. We also use personal information to contact existing and potential clients, in order to promote our services and to build and develop business relationships.
6. Organisations with whom we share personal data
We do not and will not sell your data or disclose any individually identifiable information to third parties with the exception of: business partners. Organisations which are developers, suppliers or support centres for our products receive contact details of people in responsible positions in user organisations. They have privacy agreements on their web sites.
- Maximizer Software Ltd. We exchange contact details with Maximizer in order to follow up prospect interest. (Web site at https://www.maximizer.com/legal/emea-privacy-policy/)
- BPM’online Inc. Is a strategic software supplier and as a business partner we share contact details of people and organisations interested in their systems. (Web site at https://www.bpmonline.com/privacy-policy)
- Data Services such as SurveyMonkey and MailChimp are used for for communications, and business development. This requires the sending of personal information for them to process. Personal data is then protected and secured according to their respective privacy agreements. (compliant to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework).
7. How long we retain your data
We only process personal data for as long as necessary to meet our legal obligations or where we have legitimate business reasons for keeping it.
- For customers, clients, current or past users of any of our products, data retention is for the duration of the contract plus 6 years.
- For Suppliers, Associates, Advisors, consultants and any staff involved with our commercial relationship, data retention is for the duration of the contract plus 6 years.
- For prospects in organisations likely to have interest in our products and services, details are removed when that interest is known to have ceased or retained if there are future business possiblities
8 Data storage
The data we collect about you will be stored within the European Economic Area and will not be transferred outside the EEA unless we have your explicit consent to such transfer and storage. We have taken steps at our data centre to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy agreement.
9 Lawful Basis for processing personal data
Every use that we make of your data subject information is according to at least one of the specified GDPR legal grounds set out in data protection law as set out in Article 6 of the GDPR (see ICO guidance) . The legal ground for every data subject relationship is held in our CRM database.
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contractual obligation. This is normally related to software licensing, documentation of named-user status, right to have access to User Help Line, support staff for advice, or access to technical support services on any of our products and services.
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of JI Group and its business partners. This applies to business development activities with customers or prospective customers.
- Legal obligation: the processing of data subject information is necessary for JI to comply with the law, in particular with contractual and financial reporting obligations.
- Consent: the data subject has given clear consent for us to process their personal data for a specific purpose. This is typically in support of information that we publish, such as receiving White Papers, having access to blogs about IT, issues of personal relevance or in support of specific enquiries about our products and services.
10. Your rights
You have rights in relation to your personal data. If you have any questions in relation to our use of your personal information, please contact us using the contact details in paragraph 11 below. You have the right to request that we:
- provide you with details about the use we make of your personal information;
- provide you with an electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us;
- correct any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold;
- transfer a copy of your personal information to another data controller in a structured, machine readable and commonly used format;
- delete any personal information that we no longer have a lawful ground to use;
- restrict our use of your personal information;
- discontinue our processing of your personal information where it is based on consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- cease using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You have a right to object to receiving any further direct marketing from us at any time;
- cease using your personal information for activities which are based exclusively on the ‘legitimate interests (f)’ grounds if it is causing you undue harm
If you exercise any of these rights we will respond within a month free of charge. You have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner at any time.
11. Other information